Tuesday, May 10, 2011

READ ALL ABOUT IT - CLICK HERE!

Here's the drill:
  1. An email or even a link on a website shouts some attention-getting headline  
  2. If the source is not both obvious & trustworthy, don't click on it
  3. If you are still curious - verify the content - first - before clicking! 
Whether the news is true or false, always consider the author or the provider of the information before clicking on it.  I often use Snopes.com if I cannot identify the author or the publisher.
A friend sent me an email about a virus behind a link to a video about Osama bin Laden being captured & hung.  Snopes says it's real risk but could be a hoax.  This particular warning was first identified in 2004.
Makes sense?  I'm trying to say, "Look before you leap."  So go to my Facebook page and "Like" me!

No comments:

Post a Comment