Monday, February 6, 2012

Changes to the Look of Gmail

I have not heard one person tell me that they like the New Look of Gmail.  Me neither.  But I'm getting used to it and learning some of their tricks & shortcuts.

I've switched my Theme to High Contrast.  It helps when I'm looking at my Inbox or any other email list.

One feature that seemed to disappear was the (show me the) Oldest/Newest when sifting through the list of emails.  It's there, actually.  Here's how:
Gmail's List View
Here's the 1-2-3: 
  1. go to your Inbox
  2. move your mouse pointer to the 1-100 of x,xxx and hover there
  3. as the Newest/Oldest box will appear, then click on Oldest
And, yes, I was on Papa John's Facebook page, wondering when my Free Pizza email from Papa John's will arrive.  I think the positive buzz is turning negative as hungry Rewards members have been expecting to order a pie tonight!

Contacts is not gone, either.  For much more about Google Gmail's new look, go HERE

For your Contacts, click on the little pull-down triangle next to Mail and the box to switch between Mail & Contacts appears: 

Tasks opens up a pop-up over either Mail or Contacts.  And when you want to go back to Mail, do the same thing;  the pull-down will be next to Contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment